What are the MOIE customer responsibilities during product selection and ordering?
- Provide exact dimensions and/or design drawing for custom furniture orders, or approve drawings by company prior to production, Insure scale and fit for application
- Sign a written Order Form with complete specifications when ordering furniture with complete specifications
- Select finish and provide all COM/COL (customer's own material / customer's own leather) to initiate production of furniture in a timely manner
- Review all information on supplier's Acknowledgement for furniture and fabric orders and make necessary changes to Acknowledgement in writing immediately upon receipt
- Any change to an order after 10 working days may result in change order fee
- Approve all finish samples and fabric cuttings requested for approval
- Inform the ultimate client of accurate lead times and status of orders as production proceeds
- Assume all responsibility for selection, client interaction and showroom communication
What are the standard pricing and payment terms?
- Deposit 50% to initiate order and pay the balance due including all tax and shipping charges prior to delivery.
- Orders are not cancelable after 10 working days & product is not returnable
- Read back of showroom Order Form or acknowledgement form to note any other terms of sale and warranties of supplier as to quality, etc.
What terms are frequently used when doing business with MOIE ?
A fee charged to a customer for product that is padded and custom-boxed for shipping.
A drawing or sketch of a custom product provided to a customer by Moie or Represented Vendor. Drawings typically illustrate significant product dimensions and product structure. See "Drawing For Approval."
A Sales Quote for a custom product. Such a quote is typically obtained via a Showroom Salesperson contacting the MOIE Custom Product Coordinator or the Represented Vendor for feasibility, availability and pricing.
Customer's Own Leather (COL)
Leather purchased by a Customer and sent to MOIE or Represented Vendor to be applied to Make To Order product.
Customer's Own Material (COM)
Fabric purchased by a Customer and sent to MOIE or Represented Vendor to be applied to Make To Order product.
Customer's Own Pick Up
A method of shipment that stipulates the Customer will contract delivery services directly with a carrier/shipper rather than requesting that MOIE do so. The carrier/shipper invoices the Customer directly.
A fee charged to a Customer for design service provided by the MOIE Design Team, including that of a stand-alone service that may also involve the purchase of product and a subsequent up charge on the price of the product.
Drawing For Approval (DFA)
A drawing of a custom Item that is provided to a Customer by MOIE or a Represented Vendor for approval prior to production. The drawing illustrates significant product dimensions and product structure.
Estimated Completion Date (ECD)
The date that a Make To Order Item is scheduled for completion and ready for shipment.
The charge billed to a Customer for shipping product to a ship-to address.
A fee that is usually associated with a freight or storage company transferring a Moie product from a Moie workroom to a holding location, or warehouse. This term is also used in reference to a fee charged to a Customer for Moie arranging shipping using the Customer's account with their selected carrier.
Product manufactured to the Customer's specifications. There are two categories of Custom order product: (1) Customizable, which is customizable and has a number of possible configurations and options, and (2) Non-Customizable, which is not customizable and has few possible configurations and options.
The document provided by a Salesperson and given to the Customer confirming receipt of the Customer Order. 50% Payment in Full, depending on the product. It also confirms the Item's readiness to begin production.
The remaining amount due on a Sales Order, i.e., Total Price + Freight + Handling – Customer Deposit Payment(s) = Order Balance.
The dollar amount a Customer must pay in order to originate a Sales Order. Per MOIE policy, an MTO Order typically requires a deposit of 50% of the Net Price (excluding Freight)
A document that accompanies a shipment, pallet or smaller unit that describes its contents and quantities and typically references the Order number(s) involved.
Used for fabric and leather product, this term refers to the print or pattern of a material without reference to its colorway.
Product specification and pricing information provided by MOIE or Represented Vendor.
Moie or Represented Vendor's product book, containing price lists, tear sheets and other information for each Item in the Product Line.
Swatch or Memo
A fabric or leather sample provided to the Customer by Moie or Represented Vendor.
Production Lead Time
The time required from the day the order is confirmed to product delivery.
Allocation of on hand inventory against a Sales Quote or Sales Order. Reserves are used to hold a specific quantity of product from available inventory until the Customer reaches a purchasing decision up to a maximum of 14 days. Reserve during Sale period only lasts for a maximum 24 hours.
A verbal or written communication given to a Sell-to Customer that advises product specification, quantity and pricing and is valid for a limited time (per MOIE policy, up to 30 days after a Sales Quote is originated). It can be converted to a Sales Order upon acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of Sale as well as receipt of monies per Moie policy.
Sold From Floor / Display Item
A Showroom display product that is sold to a Customer directly from the Showroom floor.
The date printed on the Vendor Acknowledgement indicating the date from which the Ending Date/Estimated Completion Date is calculated.
A per diem fee charged to the Customer for product requiring storage due to an outstanding balance more than 60 days after the Balance Due Notice was issued or after 1 year the finished product is being kept in MOIE's warehouse.
Tear / Product Sheet
A document that includes a product image and description and is provided by MOIE or Represented Vendor to a Customer.